3.12.2008

the cat food catastrophe


yesterday the kids and i were getting ready to leave the house. all of a sudden ezra started screaming " mommy help". i ran into the kitchen thinking something was terribly wrong, nope it was just that eli was sitting on the rug eating fist fulls of cat food and grinning his naughty little grin. i really wanted to take a picture of the whole scene but i knew that eli would just keep eating the cat food... in the meantime ezra was yelling " ugh yuck beebye ( eli) yuck, don't eat kitty food" with a totally disgusted face. the best part was that he started gagging, like full on heaving while he was screaming his protest to eli. it was total and utter chaos and to top it off when i fished out the cat food from eli's mouth he started crying and screaming and acting like i was taking away his most prized treat. up until that point we were all having a pretty rough day...oh boy , it was so funny and it totally lightened the mood and made me realize that sometimes we all need to just lighten up and enjoy each other, to further lighten the mood we went and got shakes and visited granny sue. it was the best day this week! i sure do love my naughty little boys.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

That still makes me laugh when I think about it. Ezra definitely fits in the fam with that gag reflex. I think next time I have a bad day I will got get shakes and go to grandmas. Oh wait, thats right there is not a shake place to be found in crappy Cali and grandma moved to utah. I guess I can only make you jealous with Pink Berry and Trader Joes! woopy

Jeff and Rose said...

Jack LOVES cat food. The worst part about it is that after he eats it his breath smells just like Ernie's! Oh, it is horrible! I actually gave him a piece of gum to chew last week because the smell made me sick to my stomach. BTW- he throws an absolute fit when I try to fish it out of his mouth.

Jeremy said...

Your kids are awesome.

Unknown said...

sounds like a cat owner to me!!!!

Anonymous said...

O.K. so I was babysitting Heather's darling little Georgia a couple of weeks ago (just turned 2) and when I went down the basement to see what she was up to I noticed the cat litter was scattered around more than usual and Georgia definitely had a funny look on her face....I asked her if she ate the litter and she said "yeah" TALK ABOUT A GAG REFLEX! I take hope in the fact that she answers most questions with "yeah". (I hope Heather never reads this)

Merilee said...

Oh Wow, That is funny! I forgot about your adopted stray cat.

Momma Fish said...

that is one of the funniest things i have hear in a long time. i am so glad i have a little boy.

Add other items

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP