8.29.2008

no more preggie piggie... i'm just fat

:: he is here! baby boy bateman #3 was born on Wednesday at 5:05 pm. we hadn't fully decided if he was to be baby henry or baby abraham. for some reason ezra had it in his head that the baby was " baby abe" or actually " baby habe" is how he pronounced it. we kept going back and forth but decided on abraham henry bateman. somehow ezra persuaded us all! here are the details::
: we went into to hospital on weds @ 9:30 by 10 i was given pitocin, by 10:30 they broke my water and at 5:05 after only 5 pushes abe was born! it was sooo much easier than both of my previous labors! in fact after the first push james said " he has dark hair" and i was in shock that he could already see the head. ezra was at least 2 hours of pushing and eli a half and hour so it was great. i like the downward trend 24 hours of labor, 11 then 8, maybe next time it will be under 6??!!
he is a little guy- 7 lbs 11 ozs and 20 inches with dark brown hair. he is a little clone baby and looks just like his brothers. we are all doing really great and are excited to be home. thanks family for all your help with keeping the big boys happy and entertained.

the boys love to hold abe. poor little guy has already had his nose honked by ezra, been kicked in the face by eli and had his head pushed around by eli also. they try to be gentle...
ezra kept saying " baby abe is so cute"

eli liked to point and grunt at him aunt beth
granny pammy
dad and eli
curious george

clone baby

tired mama

just like the other two he had jaundice. hopefully this is the worst of it and he just has to sunbathe. knowing our luck he will have to be under the lights for a long time. boo hoo.
loving big brother...
well there you go and good night.

20 comments:

Jessica said...

You are going to hate me saying this, but Eli looks so old, especially next to Abe. I wish I was there to snuggle the little clone baby. I am glad Ezra seems to really like him. We love you guys!!

krista said...

Wow Jackie, I still can't get over the fact that you have 3 kids! I love that you have 3 boys, they are going to be such good buds. You look great after just giving birth, what's up with everyone looking so good these days?
Congrats, I can't wait to see your new addition!

Brian and Jaime said...

Bateman's I am so excited for you #3 thtat is so GREAT! I love that it is another boy. I love boys they are so great. Baby Abe is so cute. I am glad that you are doing well. I will have to call you soon.

love Jaime

Ginnie said...

Congrats Jackie! You look great and the baby is adorable. Good luck and I hope you manage to get some sleep. :)

holly said...

he is soooo adorable and he does look just like the other two!!

i am so excited for you guys!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

i'll give you a call later today about the pump :)

-holly

Briana said...

Hey Jackie
Congrats on the baby he is so sweet. Dont believe the horror stories about three it is great. I love having one boy how fun to have three. Good luck.

Merilee said...

Congratulations!! He really does look like a clone of his brothers! So funny, my boys look nothing alike.

Erica said...

Congratulations! He is such a cutie. I can only hope that my labor will go just as smoothly!

Bridgette said...

Jackie, I gotta tell you, I am smiling so big right now! I am so happy for you! He is so beautiful...and he was totally born on my birthday! I think we knew each other in heaven! I am so sad I can't see him and snuggle him. I miss you guys, give Eli and Ezra a huge squeeze from all of us.
Love you!

Momma Fish said...

Holy cow. I can't believe you have three kids. That is completely nuts. He is beautiful. I can't wait to see him in real life.

Lilli said...

Jackie, I am so happy for you...um that you aren't prego anymore! :) And for the little Abe! I want to bring you lunch sometime and come see him...when you are feeling up to it!

Bridgette said...

Dear Ezra,
I hope you have a good day today. We got here safely. I hope your baby brother is cute and very cute as Owen. He looks very cute to me.
Love, ella

Hallie said...

Yea! congrats guys!

Lee said...

Parents 2
Kids 3

Game over.

Jeremy said...

Congrats!!!

Krista said...

Congrats! so happy to hear it was an easier labor...you for sure deserve it! I'm in town, so hopefully I can come up and see you guys if you're up to it.

Melynn said...

Oh congratulations!! I love the name! Good luck with three little ones. Let me know if there is anything that I can do.

I'm glad that the delivery was so much easier. What a relief.

We will have to get together in a few months when things have settled.

ls said...

holy replica baby. he seriously looks so much like the other two. lucky for you, they are all so dang cute that it is just fine that they all look the same :).

love the name "abe." john wanted it and when i told him i didn't think it would really go over well because what mother names her children george (washington) and abraham (lincoln)? so he told me he would settle for a goat named abe one day. i think it suits your little guy a whole lot better than a goat :).

congrats, and we will need to be getting together one day soon because i really, really want to hold your tiny baby. maybe one day when you come to your mom's have her call my mom and we'll come over?

James said...

Lee's comment is pure genious.

James, it seems just like yesterday that you and I were bunkmates with a married couple sleeping across the hall and a girl living on our deck the was turned into a room. Now you have 3 kids. Time sure does fly when your having fun. Congrats guys I am really happy for you.

Well I just heard the news today
It seems my life is gonna change
I closed my eyes, began to pray
Then tears of joy streamed down my face

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open

Well I don't know if I'm ready
To be the man I have to be
I'll take a breath, I'll take her by my side
We stand in awe, we've created life

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
WIth arms wide open
Now everything has changed
I'll show you love
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open
I'll show you everything
Oh yeah
With arms wide open, wide open

If I had just one wish
Only one demand
I hope he's not like me
I hope he understands
That he can take this life
And hold it by the hand
That he can greet the world
With arms wide open

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
WIth arms wide open
Now everything has changed
I'll show you love
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open
I'll show you everything
Oh yeah

With arms wide open, wide open

james b. said...

thanks james, you always know the appropriate creed song for just how i'm feeling.

those hawaii days were "sweet-as- sweet".

Add other items

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP